Thursday, June 26, 2008

Ever feel lost? I do right about now...I'm frustrated about money and my job right now. We just don't have enough money most of the time to cover bills, groceries, gas..etc. I feel so frustrated because I finished school in August for my medical coding certification and I'm now a Certified Coding Associate. I have gone for interviews at 5 different places now and so far no luck. They have me interview and come and take the coding test....they tell me they really like me and that I score great on the coding test....but that they can't hire me because I don't have the higher coding certification and I don't have any experience. Its soooooo frustrating! I went to school and spent all this time and money to do this and I can't get a job! And I need a job paying more money and more hours! I love the fact that I get to spend more time with my kids since I don't work full time....but we just can not afford it. Geeze, it's been almost 11 months now since I've finished school for this...I thought by now we would be doing a little better and instead we are at our worst.
I did go for an interview yesterday at a doctor's office for a coding/billing position. A good friend of mine works there and recommend me to him. I appreciate her doing that so much! And I really, really like the doctor. He's a very nice and caring doctor. I would absolutely love to get this job because its a great work environment, more pay and more hours. But I'm so afraid to get my hopes up because I have the past 4 times and had nothing come of it. The doctor said he has a few more people he needs to interview and will let me know by the end of next week. I pray that he liked me and will trust my friend that I would do a good job. I just need someone to give me a shot and let me show them that I can do it and I can do a great job! So I'm hoping that my 4th of July will be extra special with news that I'm offered a new job. I would really, really miss my coworkers I have now...but I can't stay there forever. I will be sure to pop in on them every now and then.
There are other issues going on too...lots of things weighing on my mind. I don't know what the best decision is in my situation....but I'm hoping that Scott and I can come to the right one.
Please just keep me in your thoughts right now....Just going through a really tough spot. Thanks for reading this!

3 comments:

Fifty K said...

Kristin,

I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you. Fingers crossed you get this next job. If not, don't give up. Keep plugging away at your current job and keep interviewing for a new one. Something will come your way. I know it's hard to think positively in times like this but try for the sake of your sanity and your family. Keep your chin up.

PS, I feel ya on the gas and grocery thing too.

Tammy said...

Good Luck with the new job opportunity. I will say some prayers for you. I understand how tight things can get, now that we are down to one income. I hope things look up very, very soon. Hang in there.

andrea said...

i hope the job works out - i understand the frustration there, i feel it for my husband everyday.